THE SILENT CRIES OF THE TEEN II

                            DEPRESSION AND PARENTAL HATRED.


        As a teenager develops, they witness certain changes in their psychological and emotional statuses. These changes arises from their new life - life as a teenager.
        A teen is prone to be sentimental about things and impulsive in taking decisions. However, the outcomes of these decisions does not always turn out right.
  The thinking faculty of a teen cannot be compared to that of an adult, neither a child; teenagers are leaving childhood stage with it's elements and entering adulthood with whatever comes with it and so, they don't think childish neither do they think as matured as the average adult. Driven by their passion and high expectations, they are faced with the risks associated with disappointments. This forms the bedrock of my exposition.
       ' Growing up, I had lots of dreams ruled out, planning to be executed with time. I had high hopes and faith that I would succeed. I made preparations and whatsoever  were needed to bring them to fruition. I gave no room for disappointments. As I started on my goals, I began to encounter unexpected challenges, failures from different sides. Things weren't they seemed to be - how I wanted them to be. They were surprisingly the other way round. I tried again, having been reminded of others success stories; I was spurred to get back up. My successive trials however fell off. Then I walked into the weary hands of depression. '


       It is no longer a news that teens face depression which makes them harbour negative thoughts. Disappointments demotivates
 teens, leading to depression. Practical instances is necessary to understand the nature and causes of depression among teens. I made mention of teens being sentimental, I mean teens taking decisions based on their emotions, even in their depressed state,lacking hope and enthusiasm. During this period, teenagers need all the help and support they could get from people around.

To be continued. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEENAGE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD

MADE FOR THE MASTER'S USE (PURIFIED LIKE A GOLD)

WHICH OF THEM IS MORE ADDICTIVE AMONG TEENAGERS?